Wednesday, December 14, 2016

JEMISON, AL: Minooka Park

Yesterday morning, we fired up the Cummins engine and headed northwest from Colquitt, GA to central Alabama.  The 5 hour trip, with a fuel stop and lunch stop, was mostly on 4-lane US highways with little traffic and some light rain, but that changed once we got to Montgomery, I-85 and I-65 where the traffic picked up and the rain stopped.  We wanted to stay at Minooka Park near Jemison, AL to see if it would work for future visits to the area.  Our usual RV hangout in Hoover, AL is still closed for renovations and additions to the property, and there aren't a lot of other good options for us near I-65 and I-459.  Minooka Park is a quiet county park in the woods with a small campground with concrete sites and full hook-ups, a fishing lake,  and ATV trails.

During our 3 night stay, we plan to visit with our daughters Kathy and Debbie.  We'll leave here on Friday and travel to Athens, in northern Alabama for a visit with David, our oldest son before heading to Kentucky for a pre-Christmas visit with our Louisville family.  It's time to get some winter clothing moved from the storage bin in the car to inside Little House!

1 comment:

  1. We've stayed at Minooka twice now. A nice quiet place. It is a little removed from activities but not bad and the price is right.

    ReplyDelete