Thursday, April 9, 2020

MARCH 10 - MARCH 18: Travel and Hamfest

Tuesday, March 10: We left Travelers Rest to start our journey north driving on I-75, Hwy. 301, and I-95 before arriving at the Walmart in Pooler, GA for the night.

Wednesday, March 11: The route we took was I-95 to I-26, then north on I-77 to the Cabela's store in Fort Mill, SC where we apent the night.

Thursday-Saturday: We finished our trek to the Cabarrus Arena in Concord, NC for a 4 night stay in the rear parking lot where there were RV hookups. Friday morning, we had a nice visit with our youngest son, Mike, in nearby Huntersville.  The Charlotte Hamfest was held on Friday and Saturday.  With the Coronavirus reports intensifying, the hamfest attendance was much smaller than normal, but those that came were in a buying mood, so vendors were happy overall. Friday night we enjoyed a nice dinner with Chuck and Alan, two good friends from Raleigh, NC.

1 comment: